for Deeper Consciousness
A 3 Month Exploration of Building
Consciounsness in Community
With Bill St.Cyr
Registration Open for January of 2020
See Program Schedule Below
Pricing is variable, dependent on ability to pay
This program is rooted in the belief that our bodies and our dreams carry consciousness, that contains what we need, to heal ourselves and the world around us. That the heart of the alienation of the culture that we live in is our separation from this consciousness. That despite whatever trauma, abuse or alienation we have lived through, there is at the same time the seed for coming back into ourselves, to be whole and to know love – living within us.
Alienation and Trauma
The challenge of course is that we are taught to repress the very thing we need to flourish – at least on a deeper level. We don’t know where to turn because the places that we are meant to rely on are all too often part of the problem.
For centuries many peoples have turned to their lineage in order to help them survive in a healthy way. To help them get through the hard times and to know how to celebrate in the good times. For many people today, at best we feel we have nowhere to turn or at worst those institutions are part of creating the problems we face.
The Healing Cycle
What we don’t realize is that even embedded in how we have survived in this culture of alienation is the gift of this deeper part of who we are. Our survival patterns use the best of what we have in order to survive. This creates a lot of confusion, in that it makes it hard to move beyond the way that we have learned to manage in this culture.
How do you let go of the very thing that feels like a life or death survival strategy. The answer is that you don’t. It is not about letting go in that way. It is about sorting out how to live now, in the present with a tenderness for how we survived and with an eye toward disentangling our gifts from the way we used them to survive.
Our trauma and alienation survival patterns are part of the most brilliant gifts that we each possess evolutionarily, as humans. They got you to where you are today.
And that matters because you matter.
The world is a richer place because of your presence here in this moment. To think we can just let these patterns go or move past them is a diminishing of the gift of who you are.
The challenge is instead to develop a capacity for choice, so that these patterns no longer unconsciously run us. The challenge is to have enough space physically, in the sense of getting out of destructive situations as much as is possible and on an internal level having the space to disentangle these gifts from the immediacy of our survival patterns.
What Creating Lineage Really Means
Ultimately what creating lineage means, at least in this context, is that you let in that who you are has a place, has meaning in this world.
That is the heart of the lineage we are creating together.
We are each here for a reason. We each have a story to live out, to give voice to – that is based on our experiences.
The cumulative effect of those stories is the lineage that we are building together. It is a lineage that is unlike any lineage that has ever existed on the planet. That is because we are at a point in time where we have been through challenges and will face challenges unlike any that have ever existed before.
What we are Creating is a Lineage of the Dream.
A lineage that is built on the memories that exist in our bodies, that exist in the appropriated land that we walk on and in the elements all around us.
There are moments, at least where many of us feel that all is lost.
And while it is important not to diminish the loss we have been through, it is also important to know that we are not lost. That there still exists within us the resources and resilience, to not just survive but to live fully, to love fully. There is within us what we need in order to face the challenges we are up against together and create something that is both new and as old as time itself.
We are the People of the Dream
Somewhere in each of us there is a knowing. There is a dream that lives on in our consciousness and that is reflected back to us in our night time dreams and also in our other personal and/or spiritual practices.
We are not here just to survive. We are here to let our own lives be a creative expression of that consciousness. That is now always easy but it is worth the challenge because we are worthy of knowing the beauty and grace that lives in all of us.
The Next Three Months
In the next three months we will come together in facilitated community space to practice finding our own relationship to all of this.
There will be a mix of class space, creative expression, dream exploration and learning to hold space with each other (see schedule below). This time will be an exploration of what it means for you to learn, or to more deeply embrace how you matter. It will be an exploration of what it means to bring this consciousness into being and then learn to cultivate, integrate and sustain this all, in your own life.
Regardless of what you decide, I hope that you know that who you are is important and has meaning.
If you believe that being part of this program will help you to grow that knowing, then I hope you will join us. Who you are is deeply welcome here. My only intention as a teacher is to share my own intention and process in that regard, in part because of my own need to learn.
I will be facilitating and holding space in this program but this is not about me passing on what I know. It is about supporting you to find your own deepest knowing.
We will do this all through a 3 month intensive combination of offerings:
- We will have twice* a month classes where we teach and learn about alienation, trauma, the healing cycle and creating lineage together. These classes will be a combination of teaching time and sharing of our own experience. In all that we do, our intention will be to make space for this to go beyond a theoretical understanding and instead to become a community of learners working together and sharing our own process.
- We will have twice* a month Dream Gatherings with the specific intention of touching into dream moments, to help us each to go deeper into our own healing process and to explore our own relationship to consciousness. These gatherings and the dream process we use will be facilitated in the tradition of Embodied Dreamwork. There will also be 4 part prerecorded video course – available to assist you in the process of exploring your own dreams
- We will have a once* a month class related to Dreams and Creative Expression taught by Sue Scavo. It has always been an enormous part of our process to make space for our creative self to find voice and to express that in this world. It is also an enormous part of coming out of alienation and trauma and back into the fullness of who we are. Sue is a brilliant teacher in this regard and I am thrilled at being able to include this in the work we are doing together.
- We will have a once* a month class where we practice holding space with another person. As the person who is having space held for them we will be learning to trust and express our own needs. As the person holding space we will be learning what it means to be in relationship and make space for another to find their own way to what is true for them. This is a truly profound aspect of the program going beyond traditional teacher, student roles and allowing us each to learn to hold space and be held in our process in our own way.
- We will have an Email Listserv to share and to witness each other’s process. I cannot say enough how powerful a part of this community building process this listserv can be. We have tried using Facebook to share but there is something about the energy of being on Facebook that has never come close to the power of these listservs, when we have used them. They allow us each to have available the possibility of a daily reminder that we are not alone. A daily possibility to find our own voice.
*Because of the holidays these numbers may be approximate. Please note the actual calendar of classes.
If any of this touches you, then I invite you to join us in this exploration. For my own part I am very excited to be in this learning process with all of you!
Sincerely, with much gratitude and respect,
Pricing is variable dependent on ability to pay. We do this for two reasons:
- First, simply because we want to be sensitive about people’s capacity to pay. Economic inequality is a part of the trauma that is built into this culture and while this does not resolve that, it is our way of trying to have a part in not constantly recreating that inequality of access to resources.
- Secondly, because our intention here is to build community and the pricing based on ability to pay is part of our contribution to that community building process.
Pricing Levels are on sign up page.
REGISTRATION WILL REMAIN OPEN THROUGH PART OF OCTOBER.
PROGRAM DATES AND TIMES:
- Class Wednesday, Jan 8th, 11am – 12:30pm eastern
- “Dream Gathering” – Sunday Jan 12th, 11 am to 12:30 eastern
- Class Wednesday, Jan 15th, 11am – 12:30pm eastern
- Class Wednesday, Jan 22nd, 11am – 12:30pm eastern
- “Dream Gathering” – Sunday Jan 26th, 11 am to 12:30 eastern
- Creative Expression – Wednesday, Jan 29th, Noon – 1:30pm eastern
- Class – Wednesday, Feb 5th, 11am – 12:30pm eastern
- Dream Gathering – Sunday, Feb 9th, 11am – 12:30pm eastern
- Class – Wednesday Feb 12th, 11 am to 12:30 eastern
- Creative Expression – Wednesday, Feb 19th, Noon – 1:30pm eastern
- Dream Gathering Sunday – Feb 23rd, 11 am to 12:30 pm eastern
- Class – Wednesday, Feb 26, 11am – 12:30pm eastern)
- Class – Wednesday, March 4th, 11am – 12:30pm eastern
- Dream Gathering – Sunday March 8th, 11 am to 12:30 eastern
- Creative Expression – March, December 11th, Noon – 1:30pm eastern
- Class – Wednesday, March 18th, 11am – 12:30pm eastern
- Dream Gathering – Sunday March 22nd, 11 am to 12:30 eastern
- Closing Class – Wednesday, March 25th, 11am – 12:30pm eastern
ALL CLASSES WILL BE BE RECORDED FOR YOU ALSO.
Pricing is Variable Dependent on Ability to Pay – Pricing Levels are on sign up page.